Note: This guide is suitable for Satellite TV from all providers like Dish Network Satellite or DirecTV Satellite
Possible causes for signal loss:
- Severe weather may temporarily disrupt the signal.
- Obstructions(such as tree, foliage etc.) on top or in front of the Dish Antenna.
- Poor cable connection between the dish antenna and the satellite receiver.
- Misaligned dish antenna.
Do the following even before you touch the equipment
- Wait till the end of an adverse weather and once it has finished resort to the troubleshooting steps.
- Check the position of the dish antenna and make sure that it is properly grounded.
- Inspect and make sure that nothing is blocking the dish antenna.
- Make sure that the cable connections between the dish antenna and the satellite receiver is in proper order that is connected in correct inputs.
If the above steps don’t work then:
- Check the back of the satellite receiver to ensure that the cable cords from the wall outlet is connected properly to the SATELLITE IN connectors as marked in the satellite receiver. Also make sure that the cable cords have not been bent or damaged.
- In some cases the satellite receiver has two cable cord connection with the wall outlet. In such cases make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Unplug the satellite receiver’s electrical cord from the AC Power outlet. Leave it unplug for15 seconds. Plug it back. These resettings of the satellite receiver will restore its power on mode.